Our philosophy is “to be great you need to have great people”.
Accordingly we are always searching for “great people”. If you thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial workplace we would be very interested in hearing from you.
If you are interested in becoming part of our growing team, please see below for a list of the opportunities currently available with our group.
Please contact Human Resources for more information, or to apply for one or our career opportunities.
The Hotel Accountant works out of our corporate office and oversees the overall integrity of the financial records and the financial reporting for two hotel properties in Western Canada.
Reporting to the corporate controller, the Accounting Manager is responsible for leading the Hotel in financial best practices, including monitoring and reporting. This position offers the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial, fast pace environment that encourages collaboration with each hotel and all departmental teams to maximize efficiency and profitability for each hotel.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Including but not limited to):
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements, PST Remittance, DMF Remittance, Room Tax Remittance, Non Resident Tax Remittance, GST/HST remittances, quarterly WCB filings, annual T4A filings and the overall administration of general ledger.
- Collaborate with Executive and Leadership Teams to develop short and long-term strategic plans, including the preparation of annual business Work with the departmental managers to track the budget result, understand variances and create action plans.
- Working knowledge of the hotels operating systems, including; the Property Management System, Point of Sale System, Payment Systems, Payroll Tracking System, etc and be able to trouble shoot and request technical support as necessary.
- Create schedules and sensitivity analysis in order to analyze financial data and business process for decision making purposes.
- Preparation of documents for hotel managers, directors and Head Office team.
- Responsible for the complete billing and collections cycle.
- Responsible for the hotel purchasing and payable cycle.
- Monitor cost and expense controls and propose best business practices.
- Assess and enforce internal control procedures to prevent fraud and the safeguarding of hotel assets.
- Ensure that the permits, licenses and registrations associated will all of the hotel’s operational areas are completed and submitted in accordance with appropriate deadlines.
- Assume leadership role in the investigation of all payroll and benefits issues with respect to union and management employees and liaise with the Union, Benefits provider and Department Heads as required.
- Enrolled in a qualified CPA program
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, planning and implementation skills.
- Strong numerical, writing and verbal communication skills.
- Exemplary analytical skills.
- Expert in excel program.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with employees and clients.
- Methodical in approach with careful attention to detail and accuracy.
- High level of professionalism, discretion and confidentiality.
- Understanding of financial reports including budgetary guidelines and project expenditures.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe products and e-mail required.
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects.
To apply for Hotel Accountant, please contact Human Resources